Here are the details about Nalukai Academy's Storycrafting Camp for College Appicants:
- Students who plan to apply to college and feel they would benefit from structured writing exercises and are eager to benefit from working with experienced college counseling professionals.
- Students who wish to engage in physically demanding excursions deep into the natural environment and cultural setting of the Big Island of Hawai'i.
- Students who will enjoy journeying alongside other motivated and inquisitive students and are willing to engage in writing workshop (sharing) activities.
- Admission preference will be given to students in between their junior and senior years but the camp is open to students who will be in grades 10-12 in the Fall of 2017.
- Students and staff members will be housed in the residence halls of the beautiful Hawai'i Preparatory Academy in the town of Waimea on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Waimea is located about 45 minutes away from the Keahole-Kona International Airport.
- Students will take excursions to a number of unique cultural sites including Volcano National Park, Waipio Valley where they will work in a traditional taro patch and stay overnight in a longhouse in the heart of this historic valley, Pololu Valley, a remote valley that seems to have been transported back in time, and Kiholo Bay, a nature preserve where Hawaiian green sea turtles are abundant.
- The camp runs from July 10-July 20, 2017.
- Students will fly into the Keahole-Kona International Airport on the afternoon of July 10, 2017 and depart in the afternoon or evening of July 20.
- Transportation will be provided to and from Hawai'i Preparatory Academy to and from the airport.
The Cost of attendance is $4000, which covers all instruction, materials, entrance fees, room and board at Hawai'i Preparatory Academy, and any additional "on-island" expenses affiliated with the camp. Transportation to the Big Island of Hawai'i is not included in the cost. Limited financial aid may be available.